Focus and ScopeCollaborations: A Journal of Community-based Research and Practice is a peer-reviewed, open access journal, sponsored by the University of Miami and Rutgers University. It is a site for sharing research and practice emanating from university-community collaborations. It was created to highlight research that describes, examines and evaluates the many different forms of university-community collaborations. This includes the development of theory to guide effective research and service collaborations, and the outcomes of collaborations that have implications for policy, practice, and public scholarship. Collaborations is an academic publication for educators, researchers, students, local community activists, and public scholars to find information related to:
- The initiation of grassroots change efforts
- The ingredients necessary for effective partnerships
- The challenges of sustaining change
- The process of technology transfers/research-to-practice/policy
- The use of action research to document the effects of school-university collaborations
- The development of community resources to improve university coursework
- Civic engagement through university-community partnerships
- Public policy and practice-relevant knowledge generated through university-community collaborations
- Interested in submitting to Collaborations? Please see the Submission Guidelines.
If you have questions about the journal or your submission, please contact Leigh Rauk (Managing Editor) email@example.com
The journal is published online as a continuous volume and issue throughout the year. Articles are made available as soon as they are ready to ensure that there are no unnecessary delays in getting content publically available.
Special collections of articles are welcomed and will be published as part of the normal issue, but also within a separate collection page.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There is no embargo on the journal’s publications. The dates each manuscript was submitted and accepted on are published on the PDF version.
Authors of articles published in Collaborations remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce, and share the article according to the Creative Commons license agreement.